Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Hometown Taichung

I was born in Puli, a beautiful small town in central Taiwan, but moved to Taichung when I was 10 years old. For me Taichung has been the representation of a big city.

There are a lot of beautiful architectures in Taichung and those nice resaturants and tea shops amaze me. However, Taichung is famous of being “undisciplined” in Taiwan, which means people here don’t behave very well. They drive fast, and the pavements are full of scooters and parked cars and I have no choice but to walk on the roads. In addition, there are a lot of robbers here. Actually robbery happened to me once when I was still living here; fortunately because of my scary screaming, I didn’t lose my purse. And then I called the police right away, but to my surprise, he didn’t care at all. I gradually realized that the police didn’t care because there were just so many robberies in Taichung.

Although I don’t like Taichung that much anymore, I still enjoy staying with my grandma, auntie and old friends in the city. After all, this is the place where I grew up and has been part of my life.


A clothing boutique

Starbucks

A tea shop

Inside the Eslite Bookstore

A Karaoke place


No comments: